Formerly SpringBlog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What's Next for Technology?

Really, what else are we going to enable our phones to do next? To be able to text and call whoever in an instance and hear a response immediately used to be a miracle. I remember the very first cell phone that I came in contact with. It was my Mom's cell phone that she had just for emergencies and she had it on her when she drove. That was the extent of her use. I remember not even being able to find out on that phone how to set a contact. An aspect that is second nature and some phone probly even save them for you now. Not to mention the graphics and flashiness of the phone. All black with a "calculator-like" screen. It was nothing fancy or out of this world, but did it serve its purpose? Was I able to make a phone call when I wanted? Yes.


Now a days people have become obsessed and engulfed in their phones that basic communication is lacking and taking the hit. Instead of giving your friend a call to see what time he is picking you up, you give him a text asking. You get a response quickly, efficiently, but is that the best for personal growth in communication skills?


As everyone grows up, we will develop communication skills usually based off first hand experience and learned behaviors. Everyone is taught manners and basic rules in communication. With the uprise of media technology, it usually is not the parents who are teaching the kids about life, but rather they are learning based of what they read and see mostly on the internet and on television. Parents are not as involved as they should be, in my opinion. They need to crack down on these aspects. This may be just me though, trying to get back and everyone for my parents cracking down on me.


I do believe parents need to crack down and teach their kids on their own rather than have a website or show teach them what they don't need to know. I see some sort of connection with the divorce rate and this aspect. I see parents not coming together to help out and teach and raise their children the right way, that they grow apart from each other and ufortunately most get divorced.


With all of the media technologies ever emerging, what else can we expect? How will the future generations be brought up and will this method change? I guess we will see...

No comments:

Post a Comment