Formerly SpringBlog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Also "Attempting to Read "Twelve Blue"

When I read one of the earlier posts posted by Kate about how she had difficulty reading and following "Twelve Blue," I felt so relieved. I tried my best to keep an open mind and the only part of the text I could focus on was the first part. The fact that it was not in a sequence made it really difficult for me to pay attention, and comprehend what I was reading. Even if I went back to read one of the sequences again I still had difficulty paying attention. 
I also found the layout and look of the website to not be very appealing. The blue on blue was not a good choice, and I am aware that I should be paying attention to the text, but I also felt that there should of been some pictures or other graphics to look at to catch the reader's eye. 
I know that most print novels and books do not have pictures, but I guess this is my downfall with reading online, which I find difficult at times. The text starting at the top of the page also bothered me quite a bit. The bottom half of the page just looked so bare and was a major distraction to me as I was attempting to read. Maybe if this were in print, I would have been able to read the text, and try my best to focus and piece the story together like a puzzle, but just like Kate I am going to have to get better at reading online without giving into distractions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment