Formerly SpringBlog

Monday, February 14, 2011

Advancements in Technology

It happened to me last weekend. I lost my phone.


In this day and age, being connected to the rest of the world through texting and calling it almost as important as remember to put your underwear on in the morning. After a while without it, it was almost getting pathetic. I didn't even have a smartphone, and only used my old one for texting and calling, but I began noticing I couldn't even keep track of the time without it. I spend a couple days without my cell phone, hoping it would show up, and then I had to give in and go to the Verizon store.



I was talked into getting a Droid Pro, which was scary for me, considering I thought a touchscreen was exotic. There's so many applications, I couldn't believe a simple phone has turned into this. The guy selling it to me didn't even mention calling quality or that you could actually call someone on it, it was all about the wireless and music and video ablity offered on it.



That same day, my friend video called me on her Ipod. I was shocked. "Can you make calls on it too?" I asked, which she responded by laughing. I didn't think it was too ridicoulous to ask though, it could connect to the internet and stream movies as well as these new smartphones.



Just a couple months Verizon released their new Iphone 4



Verizon's website had this to say about it: "...there's almost no limit to what your iPhone can do." So maybe my question isn't so crazy. When will apple and the phone companies just give up and combine their services, they're both becoming easily interchangable. Even laptops these days seem like big ipods.

No comments:

Post a Comment